Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Brave One

[voiceover, doing her radiocommunication show] I'm Erica Bain. And as *you* know, I walk the city. I bitch and groan about it. I walk and ticker and listen, a witnesser to all the beauty and ugliness that is disappearing from our darling city. Last hebdomad took me to the grey depths of the East River where Dmitri Panchenko swimmings his morning time laps...

How can you disregard those gap lines? The Brave One is probably one of the most moving movies I've ever watched. The film was directed by Oscar winning manager Neil Jordan River for the film "The Crying Game", which also won a landslide of awardings for best screenplay and best writing. Now this manager really cognizes how to do a comeback. The Brave One kept me on the border of my place with respective emotions (shock, awe, pity, anger, fear).

Lead star Jodie Stephen Foster and Terrence Leslie Howard made the film base out. I really like all of Jodie Foster's movies, she conveys so much strength to every scene. No wonderment she was nominated for "Best public presentation by an actress in a movement picture" for this film in the Golden Earth Awards.

The secret plan of the film goes around around Erica Bain, a New House Of York radiocommunication personality hosting an "ear on the street" radiocommunication show. She walks around the metropolis bringing a sensitive mike to enter the metropolis noise. She conveys this to her studio and narrates what travels on where those sounds were recorded from. Yeah, I know, it is a deadening show.

Up until she actually undergoes the "city" when she and her fellow got mugged and... well you have got to watch the film to acquire more than from me! After this "experience" she began to share deeper emotions to her audience. Her evaluations eventually went up.

Erica Bain took a more than than "active" function though ... allow me state you that she wasn't an "ear in the city" no more after the experience. The Brave One became "hands on", and by custody on I intend really taking substances into her ain hands. Well that's that, I won't advert any film spoilers in here.

Detective Mercer (played by Terrence Howard) is a fictional character to see too. He played a major function in keeping the film interesting. I like the manner he plays the function with Erica Bain, very elusive yet it will maintain you thinking about what is to go on next.

Ah the movie's termination is something to watch out for, I didn't anticipate it to be that way! If it was a different termination I would have got said "bleh!"... but because it ended like it ended... then bravo (!) assassin (!).

At any rate, I would state catch this film right now, it's available on DVD. This volition do a great Friday nighttime film time. Brand certain you ticker this with friends, this is totally not a "solo watch" movie.

This film is Rated Roentgen for strong violence, linguistic communication and some sexuality. Runtime is 122 minutes.

No comments: